Wednesday 1 May 2013

Riddle #1

Today was a public holiday in South Africa, as it is probably in 90% of the world. I'm referring to "Workers' Day". So I'm chatting to my 5-year old boy when my phone pings with a Google+ notification. I'm informed that +South Africa Travel Online has mentioned me in a post (careful - spoilers in the comments). It states "Where in the world am I?". Now that got my attention loud and clear. Truth be told, I'm a bit of an addict when it comes to that kind of challenge... To make things worse the person behind the post added "( +Mike Smuts ?)". Uh, that's me ...as in I'm "Mike Smuts". Now how can I not take up that challenge? Thank you +Rob Baker (I think) - my kids don't like you :-).

So I spent a bit of time, at the coffee shop where I found myself ...with my kids across the table staring at me... to try and figure it out on my phone. I got some important clues, but not the solution there and then. So I had to apply some self discipline, put away my phone and leave it be until I returned home this evening. I solved it pretty quickly, using a combination of online tools. But if it's the first time you're playing this game you may find it more difficult.

So as always the challenge states "Where in the world am I", with attached the photograph below.


So there you go. Where in the world is, uh..., this person?


Related to the above


  1. Hints for solving Riddle #1
  2. Answer for Riddle #1
  3. How I solved Riddle #1



No comments:

Post a Comment